I was excited when I heard that a new restaurant was being put into the same place where Luciano’s was located. Don’t get me wrong, I liked Luciano’s food. I just got bored with the same Italian food.
Last night I thought that I would take the plunge and try out Anthony’s Classic Grill. I will have to say that it is “far from your classic grill”. It has a very clean and “homey” atmosphere. He has seating for 37 people, and that’s a pretty amazing feat for such a small dining space. I was greeted at the door by 2 waitresses, one of which I recognized as a server from another one of the local restaurants.
She took me to my table, and gave me the menu. Upon looking at the contents of the menu, I was pleasantly surprised at what AJ (the owner and head chef) has to offer his patrons. He has some of your typical appetizers (escargots, etc.), but that’s where the difference ends. His entree menu has many things that Wainwright has never experienced locally: Chicken Diane, Prime Rib & many other delicious offerings.
I decided on the Prime Rib with mashed potatoes (you get a choice of mashed potatoes, wedge fries or a couple of other sides). With each entree, you get a choice of soup or salad, and a bun. Tonight he had a Cream of Potato with Halibut & Salmon, so I went with that (and, yes, he does make his own soups … they don’t come out of a package). I really loved this soup! It had a very rustic flavor to it. This is the kind of soup that I could sit down to on a cold winter night, and it would warm me from the inside-out. It also had a very nice texture: it didn’t have huge chunks of potato, but you could see the potato in it. It had a very smooth consistency.
Now, for the “Big Daddy”. My meal came to me, and I couldn’t believe all of the food that was on my plate. I had 2 good pieces of medium-rare Prime Rib, a healthy portion of Yorkshire Pudding, rice, broccoli and a scoop of fresh mashed potatoes (not the junk you would get out of a packet).
I first dug into one of my pieces of Prime Rib, and I loved it! It was tender and succulent. It literally melted in my mouth! After devouring my first piece of Prime Rib, I had my Yorkshire Pudding. It was excellent! The sauce on the Prime Rib complimented the flavor of both the Prime Rib and the Yorkshire Pudding.
The broccoli was done beautifully! It was just crisp … not overdone. The rice was a nice accompaniment to the meal, and the mashed potatoes brought the whole meal together nicely. My scoop of mashed potatoes was nice and smooth, and had great flavor and texture.
As I finished my meal, I decided that I would try something from their dessert menu. They have your typical cheesecakes (Cookies & Cream and other flavors), Deep Dish Apple Pie & other lip-smacking offerings. I decided on Bananas Foster (a sauce of bananas cooked in Kahlua with brown sugar & butter, topped on vanilla ice cream). I looked in awe as I saw the dish arrive at my table. I almost didn’t want to dig into it; it looked heavenly! As I took my first taste of this delicious work of art, my taste buds exploded in rapture! This was incredible … I thought that they had taken flight to heaven. I don’t know what else to say about it … but “get it”! Rich and velvet-like is how I would describe it.
Overall, I had an excellent meal, and the service was equally matched. For my meal, dessert & gratuity, I spent $41 (and change). I’m willing to pay a little more for quality food, and “Anthony’s Classic Grill” fits the bill (no rhyme intended) quite nicely. This is a great change to what I have been accustomed to since I arrived in Wainwright 11 years ago. Keep up the great work, AJ, you deserve success! (And Wainwright deserves more than just your typical “pizza and hamburgers”!) Run down to Anthony’s now & try him out! You won’t be sorry!
- XXLmag.com – » Bun B's Son, Young B, Goes For the Crown [Family Ties]
- Heliconia Villas Oberoi
- Rus Snyders – SF Bay Fishing Stripers and Halibut on a Ranger Bass …
- The Weekend Shortlist August 20 to 22 – Short and Sweet NYC
- Food Mill | Nest Pregnancy Shop
- MissInfo.tv » Video: Bun B on MTV2's Sucker Free
- » Cooking Roast Prime Rib on the Grill food tips,drink tips ,good …
- Staying at An Alaska Fishing Lodge – The Vacation Of A Life Time …
- Food and Recipes | www.thailandfoodtraceability.com | Choosing …
- stock abc » Blog Archive » Does A Waitress Have To Share Her Tips?
- Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul: Stories of Canine …
- GLCityMusic » Blog Archive » GLCityMusic – GLC Feat. Bun B & Sir …
- What are some good but local restaurants in Tucson that provide …
- Rufus Wainwright Live on KCRW | KCRW Music Blog
- Food & Wine Pairing « 4488: A Ridge Blog
- Summer Appetizers Featuring the Best Crab Cakes with Lump Crabmeat …
- Daily review: Wolf outpitches Wainwright, Johnson gets back on track
- VIDEO: Sean Garrett ft. Bun B & Yo Gotti- Summer Love
- Main Street Family Dentistry | Dental Lab Resources
- Nick's Italian Restaurant in Lindale Texas | Tyler Texas Business …